Lied in job interview about previous salary....

And the relevant point is that no employer would discriminate against a potential employee who has received under the table payments from his previous employer (assuming the potential employee wasn't stupid enough to be blunt about it). Something along the lines of "there were other non-payroll elements to my package"...
If the employee was stupid enough to follow your previous advice of "Say that you ... were paid an "under the table" bonus", then they would certainly be finding themselves in the crapper.

This thread is over 3 years old.

I think posters are getting all worked up about what is a moot point.

In the absence of an update post from the OP Im minded to close the thread if thats ok with recent posters.

U do not have to give ur p45 to new employer. ask revenue to send a new doc without the historical data.
they will do this.

In the current climate, I'd be more worried about whether the employer actually has the extra 8k to pay you..............

I would take the advice of going on emergency tax for Dec and then giving them the tax credits etc in Jan. Claim back the emergency tax ( if revenue have the dosh to pay it) in Jan as mentioned by jhegarty.

hi there, I wouldn't worry about it at all. I would say most employers expect an element of this. It's not uncommon to do this...

Back