The Consumer Show on RTÉ One returns on Tuesday 19th April at 8.30pm

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Eddie Hobbs and Keelin Shanley will be presenting a new consumer show on RTE television in the autumn. If you have a story to tell, they want to hear from you. 01 4125457 or [email protected]

Brendan

This [broken link removed] starts tonight at 8.30 pm.

They want [broken link removed], if you are free on Monday afternoons for the recording.

I went to the recording of the shows of the comedy programme last year( whose name I foget) and it was very interesting to see how it was done.

Brendan

This [broken link removed] starts tonight at 8.30 pm.

They want [broken link removed], if you are free on Monday afternoons for the recording.

I went to the recording of the shows of the comedy programme last year( whose name I foget) and it was very interesting to see how it was done.

Brendan
Sounds like a memorable day out right enough:)

Id be far more interested on a follow up show to 'Im an Adult get me out of here' - would love to know what became of the people who bought during the height of the boom on that show.

that consumer show was woeful. watched all of it. hopefully when folk start reporting in some consumer issues they have it might get a bit more meaty when they start investigating. people will compare it to the consumer shows they see on the BBC and on that basis it failed dismally.

Id be far more interested on a follow up show to 'Im an Adult get me out of here' - would love to know what became of the people who bought during the height of the boom on that show.

Great idea. Also "House Hunters" with Liz O'Kane. I have to admire RTE, who have left her 2007 webchat online in all its embarrassing glory:

[broken link removed]

What about Eddie Hobbs backing property not so long ago, read it it's very interesting!
[broken link removed]

that consumer show was woeful. watched all of it. hopefully when folk start reporting in some consumer issues they have it might get a bit more meaty when they start investigating. people will compare it to the consumer shows they see on the BBC and on that basis it failed dismally.

+1

I cringed my way through it...Seems like this show is being done on a shoe string budget. Bold RTE :eek:

Mary: Do you think that the property market could crash?
Liz: No... I don't think any government can afford to let that happen.

Governments, what can they do :rolleyes:

Is there something unnerving about the way Eddie looks at you, or is it just me? He looks like one of the bad guys out of a scarey childrens movie or something, I just cant place the face though...

Is there something unnerving about the way Eddie looks at you, or is it just me? He looks like one of the bad guys out of a scarey childrens movie or something, I just cant place the face though...

Lol - I agree. Its like he is smirking even when he isnt smirking.

.....or that he can see your thoughts, or that his mind is whirring with devious thoughts or something, or like he's looking down his nose at you, or like the look a priest would give a boy he knows has done wrong or something. He just makes me ill at ease, I couldnt imagine anyone with a worse look for TV. As for his voice, he's not right for radio either. He's a caricature of himself.

So Eddie is missing out on two fronts - no face for radio or voice either!!
Isn't it quite sickening that rte/tv3 & the print media just keep rolling out the same old faces? I'm fed-up looking and hearing from so called celebrities - on some TV3 thing a couple of the people from the last apprentice were on - celebrities and Amanda Brunker - who? It's not just here of course it;s the same on BBC/ITV/sky etc - who are they - I don't know & to be honest don't care. Am I the only person on the planet who has never watched any of these "reality" programmes? Sorry if getting off the point, but these tv shows really annoy me. What did anyone think of the Freefall programme about the banks, I only caught the end of it - any good?

Experts; what do they know?

I'm curious about Liz's qualification myself. According to her bio, she bought a property in the UK and it went up in value. Some people might call this "lucky timing" rather than "expertise".

David Dublin - good one! We need a laugh every now & again because things are Soooooo bad!

Back