Anyone know what the CSO pay statisticians?

So are ye saying that there is more than likely vacancies for those who are suitable in cork?!! What is this interview thing? Is it better than the traditional one? How long does the interview last and how many on panel

went for the interview earlier on this week. 3 on the panel. They were very fair. Structured interview went well I thought. They really stick to the form and no off putting questions to catch you off guard (save yourself time and don't bother preparing the perfect "my greatest weakness" answer - they don't ask anything like that). Very skills based and focused on your current experience or how you would deal with X as a statistician in the CSO. Getting extra points on the Irish language test will help on the points side. Will find out in 2-3 wks. Would like a job in Dublin where I'm buing a house at the mo with the option of transferring to cork after a number of years, not asking for much, am I?;-)

I rang them today, and I was told that they are looking to fill 5 or 6 more jobs but they are all in Cork, no jobs available in Dublin at the mo, and they will be closing this panel and holding a new competition in the spring...So looks like no chance of a job in Dublin then :-(

Did anyone actually work out exactly what the starting salary is now?
Bet nobody asked...

30,903 is the minimum starting salary. That will increase by 1.5% on Dec 1, then another 2.5% on June 1, 2006. You can start at up to 6 additional points on the scale...i.e. at point 7. This is around 48k. The only person who can agree to start you above the minimum is the Director General.

hi there, new here, and found pretty good info, thanks. anyone knows when will the CSO recruit more statisticians. Also, do you have to be irish to be able to apply for a civil servant job? Any info would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks.

Stats jobs in the CSO are recruited via open competition. The last happened in march 2004. The panels formed from them usually last about 2 years, so expect to see competition March to May 2006. keep an eye on www.publicjobs.ie

thanks legend99, i will indeed. do you know by any chance if you have to be irish citizen, or if any european candidate will taken into consideration. I'm from spain myself, with both spanish and irish qualifications.

i wouldn't think that people from the EU could be excluded? All you have to do is satisfy the qulaification criteria in terms of numerate/economic/maths background/degree.

Back