Brown Thomas Sale

Good value in the homeware. I found the clothing stuff was poor enough but went in when the sale was about a week old. Ended up spending my ancient voucher on Steven Pearce table ware that was 30% discounted. If you are into leCruset etc you might find it good value

There were 'invitations' sent out to customers informing them of the sale and you needed one of these to enter the store. How do you go about getting these invites? Is there a mailing list?

In the past if you had a store card- you were sent out an invitation and were allowed in the night before the sale.

Darth Vader said:
There were 'invitations' sent out to customers informing them of the sale and you needed one of these to enter the store. How do you go about getting these invites? Is there a mailing list?

I was asked if I wanted to be on a mailing list years ago in the Brown Thomas in Limerick when I was buying some make up. Have never been asked in Dublin but maybe you can ask the staff to put you on the list. Couldn't make it to the invite night this year.

get yourself onto a mailing list at one of the cosmetic corners, Clinique / clarins / etc, and as well as getting the pre-advise for their promotional activity in BTs, you also get the invite to the early sale....
Had a quick look in BT in Dublin yesterday and some good value in bags/shoes if you are a designer sort of person, some bags by Marc Jacobs, Mulberry down by 70% (but still coming in around Eu125-250 for a bag) and lots of the shoes down to half price, including Gucci....
Household had a few 20-30% off stickers, didn't spot any larger discounts going there.

ClubMan said:
Always read the label carefully. Selling a Louise Vitton bag as a Louis Vuitton is definitely a rip off!
I am amazed that I got it as close as that. I must know more about labels than I thought.
Not something that I am proud of

You can get youself onto the mailing list by emailing them. Check up their website and I think the email address has the words 'customer care' in the title. Just explain that you're interested in being notified about sales etc.

My daughter ran a 50% off sale last Jan in a ladys fashion shop of mine and nearly broke me, warned her never to do that again, left me with a months wages and rent and no profit and had to fully re-stock afterwords, now with summer sale only on selected items,ie the odd bits and left overs of 1s and 2s and odd thing that didnt sell, but shop is fully stocked still and at least we make on normal items,

Anyone know if there is a sale in Brown Thomas / BT2 starting tomorrow, nothing on their website. Is it worth it ? Budget 300EUR.

Cheers !

Well they had Sale signs up in the Dundrum Town Centre branch on Christmas Eve, so I guess it follows through..

Back