frustrated rant.

Killter

does anything work in this country? before i start-im Irish from a nationalist background and proud to be Irish...but This post will be deleted if not edited immediately....trying accept a job in athlone but trains only run every two hours from galway.any other european city would have better services. so an eight hour day turns into a ten hour day.and theyre trying to get people to move out west? bleedin eejits.
then tried to look up bringing a passat over form the north. tried the vrt site....hit the volkswagen dropdown and all they have is golf and polo listed. great. tried to get prices of monthly ticket on irish rail site and it wont even calculate it for you.u have send them a mail query. great. then you sit in traffic coming up to a junction and the thickos at teh council cant see that if they just take a few feet of the huge pathway they could make a junction for cars to turn off left or right allowing those going straight ahead to move on. do city engineers ever drive on our roads?
god love those using the M50-tried that the other day-This post will be deleted if not edited immediately bless what a nightmare. they took all the signposts away for the roadworks-i had to turn back and go home instead of seeing mates. bloody swines that run that place.
what do we pay these idiots for? during the water crisis here in galway the city heads gave themselves "a performance related" payrise?? for what? sometimes this country drives me mental.

Sympathise with your rant ..I went from Amsterdam to The Hague last week by train and it was a very pleasant experience..

Prob here imho is the political system too many pols worrying about small local issues not enough thinking about the big picture or joined up thinking...public tranport here is a mess..

If people could try to use meaningful titles for new threads, we might all be a little less frustrated :rolleyes:

My little rant for today is the following:
could posters try and use some grammar in their posts ?
A few sentences starting with capital letters would at least be a start.

If the quality of English grammar and spelling used by posters to forums on the internet (not just counting this forum but almost all of them), is anything to go by, then our education system is pathetic.

Regarding OPs point about public transport and public services, he should know that Ireland's public services are not to serve the public, but provide overpaid and highly pensionable jobs for the employees.
No more and no less can be expected from them.

If the quality of English grammar and spelling used by posters to forums on the internet (not just counting this forum but almost all of them), is anything to go by, then our education system is pathetic.
You have some extraneous and incorrect commas in that sentence.
Regarding OPs point about public transport and public services...
And shouldn't that be:
Regarding OP's point about public transport and public services...

I would have thought that there is a major difference between, on one hand, making a few minor punctuation errors, and on the other, making little or no attempt to use any form of grammar or punctuation.

I would have thought that there is a major difference between, on one hand, making a few minor punctuation errors, and on the other, making little or no attempt to use any form of grammar or punctuation.
I agree and was just pointing out the previous poster's mistakes since they obviously strive for perfection in this context.

I agree and was just pointing out the previous poster's mistakes since they obviously strive for perfection in this context.

At least can see my point, rather than some people excusing the lack of any attempt to form their thoughts into anything other than a continous [SIZE=-1]indecipherable[/SIZE] mess.
As I stated I never said my postings were perfect unlike your own.

My rant for today is about the NCT test.
I took my 4 year old car to be tested it only has 22k miles on it, it should not have required a test at that mileage. Is it not possible for the powers that be to have test at certain mileage and not age of car.

Because of 3 lots of road works on a 20 klm of road I left home early so arrived at center 45 mins too early. I asked if I could book car in and go for walk till my allocated time but of course no there are rules -- if car is on property driver must remain on property also. This is a small test center in the West so my car was not going to disappear in the space of 30 mins.
rant over, (car passed)

My bad, I actually stated that in the other thread. Oh the stress of posting in two threads simultaneously :confused:

I asked if I could book car in and go for walk till my allocated time but of course no there are rules -- if car is on property driver must remain on property also.

Never heard that 'rule' before. I generally leave mine in on the way to work and get picked up by my wife or a friend, leave it there till lunch or the way home. Of course, I do check the mileage so that the testers don't have a Ferris Bueller moment with it (not that it's a classic Ferrari or anything!).

Never heard that 'rule' before. I generally leave mine in on the way to work and get picked up by my wife or a friend, leave it there till lunch or the way home. Of course, I do check the mileage so that the testers don't have a Ferris Bueller moment with it (not that it's a classic Ferrari or anything!).

Ah but do you ask if you can leave it?

Regarding OPs point about public transport and public services, he should know that Ireland's public services are not to serve the public, but provide overpaid and highly pensionable jobs for the employees.
No more and no less can be expected from them.
So - what do you think? Marks out of 10 for this:

wanna be restaurenteur

Back