Favourite TV series

Not exactly a series, but it has the makings of one..for anyone with an interest in Newgrange, watched an excellent program on TG4 last night - Rún na Bóinne (Secret of the Boyne). It's on the Player too.

I'm enjoying the Lucy Worsley series about Arthur Conan Doyle and looking forward to the BBC2 "Ghost Story for Christmas" this year with is an adaptation of a (non Sherlock) Conan Doyle story.

Not exactly a series, but it has the makings of one..for anyone with an interest in Newgrange, watched an excellent program on TG4 last night - Rún na Bóinne (Secret of the Boyne). It's on the Player too.
Is that the rte player?

Some interesting football documentaries on the BBC, ahead of Euro 2024 kicking off.

This one has an Irish angle. Pitch Invasion - how the Scottish and Irish changed football.

Airs on Saturday nights on BBC1 in the old Match of the Day slot.

Even BBC4 getting in on the act with a documentary Thursday 13th on Greece's surprise win in 2004.

24 has for me is the best TV series ever.
Watched the first season and enjoyed it but found the second season a bit of struggle and haven't watched it since
I think my main problem is Kiefer, I just don't think he's a good actor and fail to enjoy anything he has a major role in

Having said that I'm struggling at the moment to find good shows or films to watch these days
We switched over to streaming only early 2021 and generally have one on the go for a month, watch everything we're interested in and then cancel and move on to the next one, rinse and repeat but lately I'm finding that after a week or two I'm really struggling to find decent shows to watch
Paramount is a perfect example, signed up early May watched Halo,1929 and a couple of others but by the end of week two, there's nothing new left to watch other then crap, I'm also struggling to find anything of interest or worth going to the cinema for

So maybe season 3 of 24 is the answer?????

Watched the first season and enjoyed it but found the second season a bit of struggle and haven't watched it since
I think my main problem is Kiefer, I just don't think he's a good actor and fail to enjoy anything he has a major role in

Having said that I'm struggling at the moment to find good shows or films to watch these days
We switched over to streaming only early 2021 and generally have one on the go for a month, watch everything we're interested in and then cancel and move on to the next one, rinse and repeat but lately I'm finding that after a week or two I'm really struggling to find decent shows to watch
Paramount is a perfect example, signed up early May watched Halo,1929 and a couple of others but by the end of week two, there's nothing new left to watch other then crap, I'm also struggling to find anything of interest or worth going to the cinema for

So maybe season 3 of 24 is the answer?????
Keep going on 24 it's telly gold.

With the Football Euros about to start... then Tour de France hopefully with some Irish riders... then the Olympics... it will be a summer of sport and then the interesting random stuff that pops up on BBC4 and Glastonbury coverage. So I'm hoping for a quiet summer on the TV series front.

Will check out "House of the Dragon" season 2 which is good but doesn't have the same 'epic' sense Game of Thrones did, being a prequel, the stakes don't seem so high.

I see a lot of series which have an interesting premise... but dragged out over 4-6 episodes. I'd watch them if they were one night TV movies, remember when they were popular? Now everything is a series, even stuff that shouldn't be.

"Catch me a Killer" is very good - about the first criminal psychologist in South Africa.

The Boys on Amazon.
Best dystopian TV series.
Best "Super Hero" TV series.

Vey dark, very violent, superb character development, genuinely frightening bad guys, excellent acting.

It answers the questions "what would really happen if someone with super strength punched someone" and "could someone like superman actually hold up an aeroplane?" as well as "what would happen if someone with super speed accidentally ran into a person?" and "What if Superman was a narcissist?" (How could he not be?)

Up there with Watchmen as the best superhero movie or TV series.

For anyone in the mood for something slow and moody, Ripley on Netflix might be your cup of tea. It does seem to have very much divided opinion so some may well hate it. Personally I loved it. Scott as usually is superb and I found it struck the right mix of grim with dark humour. I really liked the pace of it.

(Sorry! Removed! I thought it was about best tv series ever... But it's about current tv series)

Last edited:
Back