Zurich Life Regular Savings

marzic

Earlier in the year we opened a Zurich Life investment product with a lump sum of €25K for college fund thru IPF.
We setup a regular saver 800/month to it but now i am wondering if its better pause that, with the state of things and just deposit that 800 in the CU and put it in later as further lump sum? we do have rainy day funds in CU already
Thanks in advance

Earlier in the year we opened a Zurich Life investment product with a lump sum of €25K for college fund thru IPF.
We setup a regular saver 800/month to it but now i am wondering if its better pause that, with the state of things and just deposit that 800 in the CU and put it in later as further lump sum? we do have rainy day funds in CU already
Thanks in advance
I'm no professional, but I do invest in Zurich's dynamic fund and I'm making a hefty lump sum top up tomorrow. The fund is down 20% ytd. That's literally on sale. Why would you want to miss the cheaper units?. If you save it in the bank and dump it in when the funds preforming better then your literally paying more per unit and getting less for your money?. Keep paying monthly and ride this out. You'll be far better off.

I'm no professional, but I do invest in Zurich's dynamic fund and I'm making a hefty lump sum top up tomorrow. The fund is down 20% ytd. That's literally on sale. Why would you want to miss the cheaper units?. If you save it in the bank and dump it in when the funds preforming better then your literally paying more per unit and getting less for your money?. Keep paying monthly and ride this out. You'll be far better off.
Ah, timing the market... The mug's game?

Time IN the market, not timing the market, is key.
Bill90 is not timing the markets. He is betting on mean reversion. You are buying units on the assumption that a recent extreme change has reduced the price of units and this will be corrected. A fund that tracks a broad based index (eg S&P 500, i.e. companies that produce goods and services everybody wants) should mean revert (although JM Keynes pointed out that “Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” But if you have invested in a fund that tracks an asset class that has fallen out of favour (i.e. you are catching a falling knife), you could be in for a long wait.

This is the product break down, we would hope to be able to stay in for 5yrs

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221004-140022_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20221004-140022_WhatsApp.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 320
Bill90 is not timing the markets. He is betting on mean reversion. You are buying units on the assumption that a recent extreme change has reduced the price of units and this will be corrected. A fund that tracks a broad based index (eg S&P 500, i.e. companies that produce goods and services everybody wants) should mean revert (although JM Keynes pointed out that “Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.” But if you have invested in a fund that tracks an asset class that has fallen out of favour (i.e. you are catching a falling knife), you could be in for a long wait.
Thanks. You've just explained how they are timing the market better than I could have. ;)

Last edited:
Thanks. You've just explained how they are timing the market better than I could have. ;)
Hi Clubman, i wouldn't mind if you shared an opinion on the original question please if you dont mind? Thanks

I think the advice is keep paying in and dollar cost averaging essentially. You are buying at lower points so when it rises eventually you will see gains at each point.

How did the person/mug do who invested their lump sum much earlier while you were waiting for the sale?

Gerard would you recommend any fund for a 10 year investment, monthly plan regular amount with Zurich. Middle of the road risk profile.

There's a Risk Profile tool here

When you establish that, match it with a mixed/multi-asset fund listed here that has same risk profile.

Click on the name of the fund to find out what's in it via the Fund Factsheet.

Gerard

www.saveandinvest.ie

Back