Zu Car warranty

Roro999

I am emigrating and thinking of selling my car to Zu Car. The car is 211 and has over 3 years manufacturers warranty remaining. Does the dealership warranty extend to whoevet buys the car from Zu Car ?

I am emigrating and thinking of selling my car to Zu Car. The car is 211 and has over 3 years manufacturers warranty remaining. Does the dealership warranty extend to whoevet buys the car from Zu Car ?
Yes and it’s a manufacturer warranty not a dealer one.

If one had purchased a used car with a dealer warranty of 2 years, and now, with 1 year left on that that dealer warranty, would this transfer to the new owner, if sold privately ?

it is a Dealer warranty, unsure if the warranty balance, transfers to a new owner, if one sells it while under dealer warranty

it is a Dealer warranty, unsure if the warranty balance, transfers to a new owner, if one sells it while under dealer warranty
What did the warranty documentation say? If you got no such warranty documentation then you can safely assume it's non-transferrable and probably doesn't even exist in any meaningful form.

Zu car are part of the Joe Duffy group.
A 211 car still has manufacturers warranty and that transfers to subsequent owners whether sold by a dealer or sold privately. And a manufacturers warranty can be claimed upon in any dealership of that marque - as can the service packs if you have one

I would suspect a 2 year dealer warranty would also transfer as the warranty is on the vehicle and not the person - but a call to the service dept will confirm that. It would be specific to the garage though. But you also have things like BMW Used car Warranty - its from the dealer, but its actually a BMW warranty and valid all over europe

Zu car are part of the Joe Duffy group.
A 211 car still has manufacturers warranty and that transfers to subsequent owners whether sold by a dealer or sold privately. And a manufacturers warranty can be claimed upon in any dealership of that marque - as can the service packs if you have one

I would suspect a 2 year dealer warranty would also transfer as the warranty is on the vehicle and not the person - but a call to the service dept will confirm that. It would be specific to the garage though. But you also have things like BMW Used car Warranty - its from the dealer, but its actually a BMW warranty and valid all over europe
very much depends on the dealer, if you buy approved used from a main dealer they normally have manufacturers warranties, if its from Joe Bloggs then its a different story.

Back