ZoneAlarm v6 update checker does not find v7

ClubMan

If you run ZoneAlarm free edition version 6 then note that the update checker does not seem to find version 7 which has been available for a while and you need to download and install this separately. Just noticed this myself recently.

Re: ZoneAlarm v6 update checker does not fund v7

Many Thanks Clubman,

Im now on "ZoneAlarm version:7.0.302.000".

On the subject of ZA free, what settings do people reccomend. I only want the firewall functionality as Im happy with my current AV and ASpy arrangements.

aj

I generally just install ZA, leave it set at the default settings, clear the allowed program list from time to time and then just allow or block individual applications (and remember the setting) thereafter. ZA of itself doesn't perform anti virus/spyware tasks.

Since upgrading to ZA 7 (free) I get the "Blue Screen Of Death" (BSOD) when I shutdown the pc with the firewall turned off.

The problem is discussed here and relates to a file called srescan.sys

PAGE FAULT in non paged area ... probably ... SRESCAN.SYS

Strange. I have no problems with ZA 7 Free. Do you have any sort of virus checking integrated with ZA?

No, I only use the firewall functionality.

Occasionaly I have to turn off the firewall and having done that if I attempt to shutdown or restart I get the "BSOD".

A colleague reported the srescan BSOD with ZA7. He has switched to [broken link removed]as a result. No experience of it myself but I see that [broken link removed] which would, in my opinion, inspire confidence.

Back