Your privacy is at risk

Walliams

There is a message on my computer saying 'Your privacy is at risk' and advising me to download a programme to remove it.

Is this some type of virus and if so could anyone advise a safe free download to remove it.

All help appreciated

There is a message on my computer saying 'Your privacy is at risk' and advising me to download a programme to remove it.

Is this some type of virus and if so could anyone advise a safe free download to remove it.

All help appreciated

that pop-up appears on web page as an ad, its nothing to do with your pc.....think of like an ad in a paper saying "you could have aids, pay €500 for our test now"....

Make sure to use IE7 or Firefox or some other browser with a built-in or add-on popup blocker. And never click on or open content that you are not 100% certain is trustworthy.

I'm afraid I spoke too soon Your privacy is at risk is back along with secure pc cleaner and this time ad-aware is not getting rid of them. Do I need to get an IT person in at this stage. notice also task manager is disabled.

Download and install a copy of Hijack This which generally sorts out any similar problems I have experienced. The software also includes information about where you can post the output if you are not familiar with what should and shouldnt be there before you remove anything.

Back