Youngest age feasible to bring kids to Disney , Florida.

R

rabbit

What do people think is the youngest age at which its worthwhile bringing two children to the theme parks in Florida, like Disney ? 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or what ? There is only a few years between the kids in age. Obviously if they are too young I guess they would not appreciate it / they would be scared on some of the rides / be too much trouble on the parents flying and carrying them around etc.

We took our then two year old and she had a ball, ofcourse she doesn't remember it now though. For that reason I would say 6+.

There is something for all ages though and when we were there they had lovely little trolleys you could hire to wheel kids up to about 10 around in (and all your stuff with them).

If you have at least two adults most rides offer a service where you can do a "baby swap" so both adults can ride withouth queing twice. We went when it was quiet so they let the older kids ride twice while the adults took turns minding the 2 year old.

Our youngest was 4 1/2 when we went and it amazes me what he remembers! Any younger though and they won't remember it.

We're going in June with our 4 year old - have been 3 times already ourselves before he was born - kids of all ages there!
Check out www.allearsnet.com - good source of information especially in the "Tips" section - some of the info is a bit dated but the site is updated very regularly. They have a great restaurant guide which details all eateries on site and gives reviews.
Also the Disney site allows you sort for rides 'n stuff suitable for younger kids and gives you a height guide so you will know in advance what rides you can bring the kids onto.

I think it also depends on what time of year you are going. If it is during the very hot summer months I would say 6 or 7 would be the youngest I would bring, any younger and they might really struggle with the heat. In saying that I think they will enjoy it at any age. You might have to ask yourself is it worth all the hassle and expense of going if they aren't going to remember much! I would say 6+ is a good alround bet.

Back