Young with money to invest

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mossieee06

Hi all, i've got a few euro and want to invest. I have alot of shares in safe big multinational companies macdonalds,at&t, johnson&johnson all these companies that wont go under and will come back in value down the line. But i want to get into the irish market and am lookin at Aib or Boi. i know its risky business but am willing to take the risk if it means big winnings down the line. is it worth my while buying aib shares??? in hope that they will eventually rise???

desperately need advice here. and which broker i should go with also?? i do everything online too.its just so easier.

Buying shares in any Irish bank at the moment is closer related to professional gambling than investing at the moment- if you fancy that level of risk- any 33/1 shot on paddypower.com might suit!! LOL- quicker return (if any) on investment- 29secs if the greyhound is any good.

More seriously your own guess is as good as anyones re bank shares- you could say they are intensive care at the moment, and my own guess or opinion is that I will wait until they both hit approx. €2 as I think at that level they should survive long term. Won't have caught the bottom of the market but I think it would be a more thoughtout "investment" rather than a blind "punt".

Best of luck with it in any event

banking shares in ireland a bit dodgy at moment, i have put my investement house on market today, selling at bargain price €155,000, time to cash in before government tax it out of market

Forget the banks pure gamble. May rocket but may well be nationalised.

If you want a punt with better odds of success look at the commodity ETFs out there. Bombed in price but now picking up again and more importantly still in a long term secular bull market.

Thought we couldn't discuss specific shares on AAM, although I'd agree with Yellow Belly that getting in cheap is not always riskless. The "Sure they can't go any lower" mentality is a flawed approach. Its always better to wait and see even if you do have to pay a premium to get in when there is a more obvious recovery - whenever that may be.

is it fair to say that if the mini-budget thats coming out next week might have a rescue plan for the banks?? its been rumoured and it makes sense. and that this will bring the share price up considerably?? it cost 37.50euro for each transaction with goodbody online!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back