Xmas shopping in Cork - hotel recommendations

tinal

Hi All
I intend to go shopping on Nov 24th for 2 days to Cork shopping. I would like to visit Mahon Point on the Sunday and Cork City on the Monday. Can anyone recommend a good central hotel or a hotel near Mahon Point?
Thanks

T

Hi All
I intend to go shopping on Nov 24th for 2 days to Cork shopping. I would like to visit Mahon Point on the Sunday and Cork City on the Monday. Can anyone recommend a good central hotel or a hotel near Mahon Point?
Thanks

T

Well i suppose staying in douglas would be your best idea half way between mahon and city center, rochestown park hotel would be good depending on your price range ??

Jurys Inn is right in the city centre.. or the imperial hotel on the mall... Apparently the imperial have a whole new Spa Centre, supposed to be Wow.. The Radisson in Little Island might be the nearest to Mahon Point i should think...

If you have your own transport, then Rochestown Park Hotel would probably be the most convenient - and the nearest. If you have no car, then you would be better off staying in a city centre hotel and getting the bus to Mahon Point. Jurys Inn would probably be one of the cheapest city centre hotels but, be warned - it is next-door to a hostel for the homeless and some people may have a problem with that. There was a thread about a year ago warning people not to stay there. Sorry, can't be more helpful.

I'd recommend the Clarion in the city centre on the water - nice contemporary hotel, underground parking if you're bringing your car to Cork. also near the bus station if you want to bus it to Mahon Point.
see

no connection to them.

I would also recommend the silver spring which is close to both mahon point and cork city and is also available on the supervalu breaks tokens which would offer you 2 nights at weekend with 1 dinner or 3 nights starting on a sunday night 99e with 1 dinner.

Personally I like the Metropole in city centre, unlike Jurys Inn they have free parking if you have a car with you - just make sure to check in before parking. Also handy to be able to walk out into the city and visit some of the great restaurants. We've gotten decent value using [broken link removed] link and getting 2night B&B plus a dinner deals.
Jurys Inn is fine, but later in the evening I found the area a little intimidating.
Rochestown park is also nice to stay, but as someone who's still finding their way around cork, i'd recommend sat nav to get your from hotel to Mahon / city centre ;)

the new jurys on western road is open again, might be worth checking out

Back