Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passport1

Hi
Anybody know of any shops in Dublin that will be selling the XBox 360 when it launches on Dec 2nd

Any place i've phoned has said that they are getting limited stock of them and that the already have people on lists who want to buy them and cant guarantee that they will have any additional available for sale

Thanks

To be honest i suspect much of this talk is to generate the inevitable 'Xbox 360 totally sold out!' headlines MS are hoping for. Easy to achieve this if you ship mostly pre-orders on day 1.

Having said that I doubt there'll be much difficulty if you show up early on the morning to any game store.

For what it's worth Argos don't take pre-orders and they'll be selling them plus i hear Tescos will be stocking them too. Don't bother with the cheaper core package btw it's a false economy.

Unless you've money to burn, I'd really recommend waiting a while before buying the Xbox 360 for 2 reasons. 1. All game consoles are way overpriced when they come out first with saving of over €100 likely down the line especially when the PS3 comes out. 2. Most game developers aren't going to bother creating games for the Xbox 360 until there's enough target customers out there, so you're relying on just the launch games and a few games from companies that MS have bribed (e.g. EA Sports) for a while.

I was all set to pick one up myself but there are numerous reports online (inc a video one guy made) of xbox 360s crashing randomly during gameplay.

Completely unforgiveable for a console and there will probably be significant fallout from this.

I'll still buy one but will now wait for the revB version early next year when all the bugs have been ironed out.

where the testimonies of dying 360's are manifold. You can bet that the issues won't be fixed in time for the Euro launch.

Microsoft has a long history of rubbishy bug-ridden software.....but on the other hand, they do have excellent marketing.....

Apple have even better marketing.

I think all MS has is lots of money. They have the power to force large organisations/countries to use its software because of the strangle hold they have.

I was told there was people Q'ing outside peats on parnell st this morning for the Xbox

Boards.ie is awash with sad stories of fruitless journies to find one today. Looks like anyone without a pre-order is out of luck.

No sign in Argos but Jervis St said they may have them tomorrow.

You have to give credit to them for having the strangle hold,

quote=umop3p!sdn]Apple have even better marketing.

I think all MS has is lots of money. They have the power to force large organisations/countries to use its software because of the strangle hold they have.[/quote]

anyone know which retail outlet currently offers the best deal price wise? Also, anyone know are they cheaper up north?

With the console. Some shops sell the console only. Some with games. I found in the north the type of games you get with the consoles are better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back