x husband died were does his kids stand ?

lucan 07

hi
i am divorced ,5 yrs now .
my x has remarried last yr and now has died .
were does this leave his kids ? from first marriage ?
is there a way of finding out if he had a will or if not wot happenes ?

is there a way to find out if he left a will ????
his new wife does not talk to his kids

I have some limited experience of these things, your ex husband would have had to have made provision for all of his kids in the event of death. The main vehicle to do this is through a will and set out what provisions are made. If no provision was made made then you go after his estate to get this provision. Thats a simplistic view of things and you would be best advised to see a solicitor.

were does this leave his kids ? from first marriage ?

What age are the children? Are they grown up? Do they expect anything? If they are young, was he paying maintenance and did he put a life policy in place to cover this eventuality?

If they are grown, then unless they feel hard done by and unless there is a reasonably large estate, its hard to know what they could be entitled to.

They could contact a solicitor and ask the solicitor to advise, to write to widow and ask the question. They could place a Caveat on the Estate - in the Probate Office - which would prevent any Grant being extracted without the knowledge of the person lodging the Caveat.

mf

"your ex husband would have had to have made provision for all of his kids in the event of death. "

Not true.

mf

he paid no maintenance at all . and as for the divorce the kids will have a part of wot he leaves as he did not make provision for them or support them
the are 18 and 24 now and could do with the money
i dont know wot he has left ?????

If they are grown, then unless they feel hard done by and unless there is a reasonably large estate, its hard to know what they could be entitled to.

They could contact a solicitor and ask the solicitor to advise, to write to widow and ask the question. They could place a Caveat on the Estate - in the Probate Office - which would prevent any Grant being extracted without the knowledge of the person lodging the Caveat.

mf

Back