Wyattville, Loughlinstown

Shakespeare

Hi all,
Can anyone give me any opinions on this estate. We've seen a house that's nice and large but needs a lot of work (which we're prepared to undertake), it has appealed to us for some reason. My concern is the general estate/area, the catchment area for national school would not be a school I would be prepared to send my children to school in. Is it very difficult to get your child into a school if not in the automatic catchment area?
Also am I creating a rod for my own back by not trying to move to a smaller less unique house with nothing to be done to it but within walking distance of shops, schools etc
I'm worn out going over and over it and would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions on the area.
Thks
Shakespeare

I lived in the area for 3 years from 2001-2004 and had absolutely no problems at all. I found it to be a mature, relatively quiet residential area with neighbours who've been there for years and were very friendly and pleasant. Plenty of green spaces. definitely handy for Tesco (open 24 hours), bus, Dart and walks along the sea front.
I have to say that we never experienced anything negative in those 3 years (even with a soft top car parked outside which could easily be broken into...!). Really enjoyed my time living there.
As for schools, well Cabinteely school is a mere 5 min drive away and has a pretty good rep afaik.

I lived there for several years.
Doesn't matter what school your kids got to, it will be the ballybrack, wyatville area they'll be hanging around in.
Most people in Wyaville say they live in Killiney :) but its ballybrack and pretending its not is a joke.
Take a walk for 5 minutes over to ballybrack village after dark. Walk through laurel ave, Cedar court etc and if you make it out the other side still feeling like you want your kids playing over there then by all means move there.
This may not be PC, but the only advice i can offer is, if you dont want your kids with a 50% chance of developing a heroin habit in their teens, stay far far away from Wyatville.
And remember telling kids not to go over there when they are teenagers wont wash with them.

Sounds like a nice estate!

Haven't they knocked it down in the last couple of years?
Does anyone know what's going in in it's place?

You are thinking of the 3 storey houses on Wyatville road. - they are being replaced with more council houses.
Wyatville estate is at the junction of the N11 flyover heading to the M50. Certainly not as bad as Gargamel says - I think its quite nice!

Back