www.APTI.ie: any one got any thoughts on this service

paddyodoors

Hi All

There is another thread here, discussing bidding, which has highlighted the website www.APTI.ie.

I am currently looking at a property and after my initial bid of 10% below asking, I was very quickly informed there was a higher bid. So wanting to get transparency, as the site suggests, I signed up. However there seems to be very little activity on the site - the FAQ's state that they will not show a list of EA's who use the site. I presume that this is since the list would be too small.

I viewed the property for a second time today and asked if the EA had an affiliation with APTI - the EA had never even heard of them, which left me assuming this co. is all talk, no substance.

Its a good idea in principle - but what happens for example if I get into a bidiing situation - with another party who do not have internet access - how are their bids recorded etc....plus without the buy in of agents its going nowhere fast.

Just wondering what everyones else's thoughts are on the service, and if anyone else has used them and what their experiences are.

cheers
Paddy

Re: Apti

I was discussing that site on the other thread.

I'm an EA and hadn't heard of Apti until I saw it on this forum, I'm not involved with them in any way.

In relation to the other bidders not having internet access, it's not the bidders who put the bids on the APTI website, it's the EA. (According to my reading of their system).

Which leads me again to, why is this any more transparent? There's no way that either APTI or any of the bidders can tell if the bid the EA submits is genuine.

Thanks Lobby

Its seems unusual alright - I wonder what they are doing to actively get the EA coimmunities buy in. Not a lot by the sounds of it.

Must admit I also found it slightly amusing that this new service which advocates transparency - doesn't let you see the agents using it etc.

They were quick enough to activate my account (which apprently will show bids on properties), but are yet to respond to my query about the agent never having heard of them.

Paddy

Another agent also have never heard of them. I cannot believe agent will put honest information on sites regarding selling price. In auctions the price is public but in private treaty and tender situations one of the advantages of the process is the ability to keep it private is one of the advantages.

Re: www.APTI.ie

APTI (Authenticated Property Transactions Ireland) is a new Internet based service that facilitates estate agents and auctioneers in Ireland to offer their clients a transparent property transaction with real-time information.
APTI is the modern way to buy or sell property using both the Internet and a trusted professional estate agent or auctioneer. Having no vested interest, APTI independently maintains and monitors all property transactions to ensure that certain aspects of the transaction are correct and accountable.
The APTI software has been designed to ensure that estate agents and auctioneers are compliant with the relevant sections of the pending NPSRA (National Property Services Regulatory Authority) legislation.

Ive copied this from the APTI.ie homepage.

I used this service in the Uk, the logging in area was from www.apti.ie also I think.

The auctioneer that I was buying the house put all her properties through it and it was her that told me about it. I didn't know much about it and Im not very good at Internet things but once I understood how it worked I thought it was excellent. Once bids are entered by the auctioneer they cannot be altered and are stored so that you can download them to PDF or view online at the end of the sale. Every time a bid was placed I got a text message which was quite exciting and probably made me bid more.

I was very happy with it and two of my friends actually used that agent to sell their houses through after I showed them the service I got. They left their local agent and used her instead.

Auctioneers in Ireland are way behind the UK auctioneers though and Im not sure if many of them would actually understand anything about customer care and how it leads to more business in the future. If I couldn't find an auctioneer in Ireland that provides an online bidding view service then I would prefer to buy/sell my house privately. Its no wonder Private Seller and the rest are taking so many properties from auctioneers.

Back