Would you trust PTSB?

goodgirl

My husband and I have been declined by AIB for a mortgage as my hsb struggled to pay back a loan to them in 06. He did so however 3 months late and had a lot of late payments. We have not had any issues with loans since and our ICB are both clear!

We have both been customers of PTSB since 06 and they announced they are lending these days! We have been told by a local branch manager that he does not foresee any issue with us being approved by them!

So my question to you folks would you trust PTSB? With what they did last year with rates?

Many thanks

A very interesting question!

If you don't have a choice, then the question doesn't really arise.

If you have a choice of, say, BoI and PTSB? You really can't be sure with either of them. Both are striving to become profitable again and either may increase their rates.

I suspect that ptsb suffered as a result of the campaign to highlight their high SVRs which will make them reluctant to push them up again. But, no one knows.

Would you trust any bank?
Same rules apply to any application, if an increase in the SVR would make you unable to pay, take a fixed rate.

If you had waited a little longer to apply the 2006 loan would not have come up on the credit history. I don't know if it would be worth waiting 6-12 months and reapplying to a different branch of AIB? Does anyone know if they would look seek a new credit history from ICB that wouldn't show up bad loan?

Back