Would You Buy A Section 50 Property

rocky

Hi All
Just To Get The Ball Rolling Here I Was Wondering What Your Views Are On Section 50 Apartments.i See A New One Advertised Recently With A Guaranteed Rental Imcome Of 5 Years.my Only Concern About These Proerties Is What Capital Appreciation Will Be Achieved In Say 10 Years As I Feel That They Could Be Left Decay To Ghettos If Not Maintained

It seems to me that there is an abundance of this type of property in many areas of the country which is causing the landlords who used to let to students in non-S50 a good deal of grief. I wonder how the developers can guarantee rental returns in such a tight rental market (it will get even tighter in the future IMO) if they are not adding a premium into the sale price to cover themselves.

viewed one in castlebar, co. mayo. Nice appts with good location but rental income after expenses in the order of 1500 per annum not including any summer rent which would be unlikely to be much.
They are priced at 60-80 euro per person per week which is at least 20-30 over market hence major vacancy.
Appts are 265 upwards so to me they make no financial sense.
No

Back