Would I be considered as being in arrears?

kaza

Hi All,

Probably a silly question but when I received my end of year mortgage statement, I noticed I was €10 in arrears. It turns out this was a penalty for missing a direct debit. What happened was I accidently deleted my direct debit from my bank of ireland online account - however, I was not sure if I deleted it or not. So I rang BOI (where money comes from) and PTSB (where money goes into). BOI told me there where not sure if it had being deleted or not and to wait and see if payment was made, otherwise by setting up a new one if old one was still there I could might make two mortgage payments. I rang PTSB and they said the same thing, they said wait and see and if the payment didn't go through I could simply reset my direct debit and they would automatically make another request for it in 10 days time (when direct debit would be set back up) and all would be ok. They never mentioned anything about a €10 charge though!

I am annoyed because they made a mistake a couple of years ago and I received a €10 charge then as well which I paid so annoyed paying it now - but suppose I will have to.

Sorry long ramble! But my question is because this €10 arrears has being on my account since early last year would my account being seen as being officially in arrears even though I have never missed a mortgage payment. Just wondering for the likes of credit checks etc..

It won't show up as arrears. Just ring PTSB and ask them to either write it off or take an extra 10 euro to clear it.

Not at all This does not constitute arrears in any way shape or form. If you give them a call or contact by email or better still put this in writing to them & they should forego the 10 euro charge especially with your excellent track record

Back