Would anyone recommend reimage.com?

PM1234

Hi,

I recently ran a free programme on my laptop (windows XP) from reimage.com. It ran a number of scans and delivered a report which said the laptop is 'riddled' with malware etc. It also said advised that the number of crashes will make the laptop inoperable. (It does crash a lot).

It advised to fix it myself or else purchase an immediate repair which costs €40.

I know the makers of this programme are obviously trying to sell their product but I don't have a clue about pc repair. I was wondering if anyone would recommend this or know if this repair is worth getting?

Thanks

If it was me then I would use various free scanning and repair tools and guides (such as here) myself rather than paying €40.

Thanks a mill ClubMan!

I have downloaded some packages and you have saved me €40.

Thanks again.

This thread was busy today! I seem to have cleaned up the laptop with the packages I downloaded and the scans are now coming back clean.

Thanks to those who registered on this site to respond to this thread. Appreciate your help but the Gizmo's site seems to have done the trick and better still did it for free!

Thanks everyone.

Back