worried???

Z

z107

You wont pay any tax or PRSI on €198.90/week (2850 tax credits and 29400 SRCOP). Your employer should pay €16.91/week employer's PRSI on your behalf. You'll be Class A0.

www.payback.ie

(PS. It's a legal requirement that they provide you with a payslip - even for part-time employment)

A0 is for wages between 38 and 287 p w. AFAIK the employee pays no prsi on class A0.

Hi there,

Great site. I have a queation.

I have just started a part time job. I have been getting paid cash up until now(3 weeks). I am only on €7.80 an hour. Thats €198.90 per week. My employer told me today that up until now they hadn't sorted out their tax system. But from next week on I'll be taxed on that.

I thought I was on such a low wage that I couldn't be taxed on it. Am I wrong. How much wil lI be taxed . My wages are low enough as it is. I'm very worried.:eek:

Hi there.

Looks like your annual income is €10,342. The exemption limit for a single person under 65 is €5,210, so yes, looks like you will be paying tax.

€10,343@20% = €2,069 Being tax payable at standard rate
Tax credits: Single person credit= €1,580 and PAYE credit is €1,270, total for these credits is €2,850, so looks like you will pay no tax.

You may be liable for PRSI class A0, but I only know about A1, so can't comment. For class A1, the first €144 per week is exempt and then the charge is 4%, I would imagine A0 is lower.

The health levy of 2% is payable on all income.

Hope this helps

Back