world cup matches tv3

denise1234

Does anyone know which matches TV3 are showing? They don't seem to have any today, Ireland one tomorrow and that seems to be it for the week.

Did you go to the bother of checking their website?

[broken link removed]

ITV are showing all 48 matches spread over three channels ITV1, ITV3, ITV4 (according to their website www.itv.com).

And if you've got Sky digital and are feeling adventurous, S4C are showing matches (not sure how many) with Welsh commentary!

TV3s coverage is 4:3, amazingly. And the picture for the opening game was really soft. Much better on UTV, which has a proper widescreen feed (on Sky or NTL digital of course.)

The commentary, unfortunately, is dreadful on both channels.

The commentary, unfortunately, is dreadful on both channels.

100% agree - rugby is going the way of football, selling itself to these soulless, commercial stations who are totally clueless when it comes to the intricacies of the game. The poor commentary is the most glaring demonstration of that.

Pretty sad alright...heard Tom McGurk on 2FM this morning slagging TV3 and Setanta off. It's a shame Hooky and Popey aren't with us on television. I listened to Hook on Newstalk after yesterday's debacle and he was quite amusing

100% agree - rugby is going the way of football, selling itself to these soulless, commercial stations who are totally clueless when it comes to the intricacies of the game.
I disagree, RTE have good insight into the games and I expect their coverage of the All Ireland final to be to their usual high standard.
Soccer (association football or soccer-ball as they call it in parts of Manchester) on the other hand... :D

I disagree, RTE have good insight into the games and I expect their coverage of the All Ireland final to be to their usual high standard.
Soccer (association football or soccer-ball as they call it in parts of Manchester) on the other hand... :D

I don't understand? That poster was slagging off TV3 and bemoaning the fact the games AREN'T on RTE

I don't understand? That poster was slagging off TV3 and bemoaning the fact the games AREN'T on RTE

I was pointing out that football has not sold out, soccer might have but football, like all GAA games, is still amateur. The post I quoted said nothing about TV3 or RTE. Anyway, it was a light hearted comment, don't dwell on it.

Back