Working while living in hostel possible?

queenlex

Hi this might be a strange question but would it be a problem to get a job abroad while travelling and staying in hostels?, i.e. would prospective employers have a problem with this?

Many thanks in advance

Be sure to find out how long you are able to stay in the hostel, some may restrict the number of nights you can stay.
I doubt employers would be too bothered where you stay, especially if you are in casual type employment as you travel around.

However if you are some type of professional maybe some employers would have an issue re the fact that is possibly reflects bad on them as employers that you can only afford to live in a hostel- I am only guessing.

For giving your address, just put down the street number etc, don't put down Joe's Dingy Hostel etc.
enjoy the travels

Shouldn't be any problem. I've encountered dozens of 'gap-year' hostellers in the course of my own peregrinations who were living in hostels and doing casual work or 'temping' to pay their way round the world.

I also met an Irishwoman who was living in the YWCA (the womens' hostel part of the YMCA) who was holding down a permanent job in London with the objective of earning the deposit for a house in Ireland

Last edited:
Back