Working Saturdays

Babooshka

Hi

My employer sometimes asks that I come in on Saturdays for a few hours if there is work that needs to be be done (we work in a weekly cycle, its not an option to leave it til Monday)
At present I do not get any extra pay or time in lieu for this.
Does anybody know what employment law says about this, am I entitled to ask for soemthing?

Will be signing contract next week, been there for 9 months and no mention about it at all.

Boss is very clued in and wont let you away with anything you are not entitled to. Just want to know my rights before I ask.

Thanks guys.

Just wondering if others here can confirm which would be smarter to sign contract and be made permanent or raise this issue first and possibly upset the applecart? :confused:
I suppose it depends what is in the contract. If there is something like 'additional hours may be required from time to time for which no payment will be made', then the OP needs to decide if they want to continue to work in this kind of organisation.

If there is no 'catch' in the contract, I'd be inclined to sign the contract and then upset the applecart.

do u get 1.5 for first 4 hours and double for hours after

Back