Working Past Pension Age

frankmc

Continued working past my pension age - on €70k annually. I'm looking to claim my Irish state pension (full having worked over 25 years in Ireland), I have been informed it's not means tested, however, the claim forms request detail on savings held and other pension payments, I have a UK pension (smallish) pending and a couple of private schemes) I understand I will pay tax on state pension, my other research on personal savings, salary and impact of other income (UK pension) is not clear...any guidance on this area is appreciated?

You only need to provide those details if applying for additional means tested payments as part of the application.
You'll see at the start of section 6 "If No, please go to Part 7."

Edit: I misread the question. See reply from mct1 below.

Last edited:
You still need to provide information about other pensions you currently receive but that shouldn't affect your Irish state pension. And you pay tax here on all pension income including that from UK.

Can you get the full state pension after working 25 years? Thought it was 40 years or 2080 contributions?

Can you get the full state pension after working 25 years? Thought it was 40 years or 2080 contributions?

The 2,080 contributions is the Total Contributions approach.

If you started paying PRSI for the first time 25 years ago and have a high average since then you can still qualify for a full pension under the older approach. The older approach is due to be phased out in coming years.

Back