working partime? Is it financially better?

W

whitebog

Hi Everyone,
Expecting 1st baby and am looking into working (possibly) 3 days a week after maternity leave is up. I'm stuck trying to calculate how much less my take home would be. I know its not as simple as 3/5 of salary as I would have the same tax credits for less gross. I also need to factor in pension and company share scheme.I have googled for salary calculators but I must be looking in the wrong place. I know I'll have 2 days less of fuel costs too and only partime creche/minder fees so that will help also....
THanks in advance for any help. WB

Is [broken link removed] of any use? Of course before you use this you will need to first clarify what your total gross remuneration package is worth now and under the part time conditions.

Thanks Clubman! I will check it out later tonight from home. For some reason, the site is blocked in work although not surprising as the jeacle calculator is also blocked. ARe thoes sites connected to Job searches?

Maybe all Java applets are blocked? Both calculators are implemented in Java (not to be confused with JavaScript).

Back