Working in Saudi

eddieore

I am working overseas(Saudi) with a Saudi owned company since August 2009 on a 2 year contract, and am trying to interpret 'non resident, 'ordinarily resident', ' Irish domiciled' etc. Which status should I advise to Irish Revenue?
I've tried reading Revenue guide but its very confusing.
Also, am I liable for tax if I lodge my salary into my Irish bank account?

I am assuming that you are from Ireland and up until now have been resident here. If that is the case you are Irish domiciled and ordinarily resident in Ireland. If you left Ireland in August 2009 and will not be returning before August 2011 you are currently non-resident and should notify Revenue of that fact.

If you are non-resident and your salary relates entirely to your employment duties which are carried on overseas it will not be taxable in Ireland, it won't matter where you lodge the income to.

The above is a general answer and should not be taken as advice, feel free to contact me if you want to clarify your status.

Regards

podowd

www.prima.ie

my brother is living away too and he paid a top tax man to organise his taxes for him, think the cost was a few hundred euros but saved him thousands

Back