Working in Poland for three weeks every month

C

cool hand L

Ive been offered a job in poland with an Irish company ,Im wondering where do i pay my tax or is there a way to reduce or eliminate tax .

I will be working three weeks there and then coming home for a week every month ,I own a house here but will be renting in Poland !

Can anyone advise me of the best process ...

Cool Hand Luck

Sounds like you will be tax resident in both countries, and liable to tax in both countries, but with double tax relief available.
Has your company not obtained tax advice for you?
Have they agreed to do this? Will they pay for this? Are they going to operate payroll procedures in Poland for you?

If the answers to the above questions are no, you should seek your own tax advice, as your situation will be complex.

Is there not a paye exclusion order that can be got ,im going to be out of the country for over 183 days so doesnt that make me no-resident

You will not qualify for an exclusion order until you have been out of the country for a full tax year.

There are 2 tests for residence in Ireland:

1)

Sorry posted before I finished:

1) If you spend 183 days or more in any tax year (I assume you will not be caught under this one), and

2)

Sorry posted before I finished:

1) If you spend 183 days or more in any tax year (I assume you will not be caught under this one), and

2) If you spend 280 days or more over 2 consecutive years, you will be considered resident in Ireland in the second year - This will probably apply to you.

You will probably not break Irish residence for at least a tax year after you leave, and will therefore have double tax issues.

You should really take professional advice in this regard.

Back