Working in Caribbean - Tax

Investmind

Hi there

Im thinking of moving to Caribbean at end of this year for a contract of
about 3 yrs...Now I have one question - As ye know it is tax free out there but what happens when I go to come home in a couple of yrs time
Am I to pay tax on the money I bring back into the country as savings for a house or whatever? Surely there is a way around this? Otherwise it wouldnt be worthed

Hi there

Im thinking of moving to Caribbean at end of this year for a contract of
about 3 yrs...Now I have one question - As ye know it is tax free out there but what happens when I go to come home in a couple of yrs time
Am I to pay tax on the money I bring back into the country as savings for a house or whatever? Surely there is a way around this? Otherwise it wouldnt be worthed

There are complex residence , ordinary residence, non-residence rules attaching to Irish taxation. An hour with a tax consultant would be well worth your while and you could then enjoy the lovely caribean lifestylel in peace !

I agree with the above.

Worth clarifying matters before you go - however, if you earn employment income while abroad, this should not be taxed when you bring it back, however there are other implications as well.

Back