working 2 PAYE jobs and sole trader

lukydoo

quick (or not so quick!)question. I am in full time employment as a PAYE worker and recently have been appointed to do occasional shift work PAYE work elsewhere. How do I go about the tax end of things? Do I have to tell my first employer about the second job or can I avoid that altogether?
Also I occassionally do partime extra work, where I am paid an amount per hour privately - I assume that will be subject to taxation also? Do I set myself up as a sole trader? How do I do that? Is there a thresehold below which I can earn before paying tax on the occasional work?

ah the complications......

You will pay tax, PRSI and levies on your two PAYE jobs, emergency Week 1 tax rate on the one where your employer does not have a certificate of tax credits.

At tax-year end, return both of your P60's with your Form 12 and under "non-PAYE income", enter the gross amount of your earnings from job number 3. The Revenue will calculate under / overpayment of tax and deduct the PRSI relating to job 3.

You're a busy bunny.

Who you tell about what job is a matter of the contract of employment you have in place with your "main" employer.

At tax-year end, return both of your P60's with your Form 12 and under "non-PAYE income", enter the gross amount of your earnings from job number 3. The Revenue will calculate under / overpayment of tax and deduct the PRSI relating to job 3.

I've never seen Revenue deduct PRSI through F12 (PAYE) filing. Is that recent? I only ever saw it through F11 (self-assessment) filing.

on Form 12 (2007)
Section 3 only allows space for one PAYE job

I have two PAYE jobs and am wondering how I go about filling in the Form 12 (just posted a thread)

Back