WORD 97 & 2002

J

joesoapy

WORD 97 & 2002

I think I have two versions of Word n my computer, if that is possible

I am hopeless when it comes to using word (really hopeless) but I hav two versions

I would prefer to only use the 2002 version but at would be happy to use one or the other

Can I chnage the shortcut target or something like that

Why not just uninstall (Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs) Word 97 (Word 2002 should have some level of backward compatibility with Word 97 docs - at least the ability to open them and save them in a later format anyway) and then create/update any shortcuts that you require to point to Word 2002?

I tried but Word 97 is bunched into office 97

I have tried getting rid off all shortcuts to word 97 and see if that helps

word 2002 only opens really slowly after 97 has been opened

Am i being lazy or should this solve my problem

Thanks

I tried but Word 97 is bunched into office 97

I assumed that it was Word 97 standalone. It may still be possible to uninstall individual components of Office.

Should what solve your problem?

word 2002 only opens really slowly after 97 has been opened

I don't know why there would be any adverse interactions between the two. Have you tried Google?

Should what solve your problem?

Getting rid of any WORD 97 links

Word 2002 would have to install some components every time the older version had run, which would slow the opening up

Now, it seems to be running better with one version only being used

I'll try google if it starts to play up again

Thanks of the help Clubman

Would it be the "big club" you are a fan of?

i would get rid or 2002 if i was you. the older versions were much quicker and dident have those stupid smart tags getting in the way. newer is not always better

No I don't know you but I was talking to another member one day and was talking about "the big club" as I was once a fan and he mentioned your logon as being one

It came back to me when I saw your reply

Thanks
[broken link removed]

Yeah - the "big club" moniker is looking a bit embarrassing these days. We should sell it to Shels to try and reduce out debt! I haven't been on that other message board in a while now. Too depressing... :\

Back