Woodlands or Rivervale - Dunleer - Co. Louth

Harlequin

Anyone know anything about the Woodlands / Rivervale estate in Dunleer?

Rivervale is the older part of the estate but I think it's only a few years old. At least part of Woodlands was completed last year. The externals are different but the houses look like they have basically the same layout inside.

Anyone looked at houses in either? They seem a little pricey for the location but look nice. Are they flimsy with thin shared walls? What is the estate like generally?

Thanks!

Hello

I bought in Dunleer a couple of years ago in the Woodgrove heights development. I have since sold the house due to the fact that there was no insulation (sound or heat) whatsoever and as a result could hear everything next door. What made it worse was that it wasent even muffled, it was like they were in the same house as us.

I heard the Rivervale development was much the same from people that had lived there. I cant comment on Woodlands as it wasent built yet.

My advice to you is if you find a house you like, get the adjoining walls checked out before you purchase. Either by a surveyor or more simply if you can get someone to go into the adjoining house and call though the walls. Something I wish we had done ourselves at the time!

Im not sure how you would get the heat insulation checked out but a good surveyor should be able to do this.

Good luck with it.

I brought on the Rivervale estate, and had no problem, except for neighbours, theres a whole family on the estate that are completly mad, threatening people and alsorts, I sold up and got out.

Back