Wooden Floor Installers Burst Pipe and Are Looking for Payment - No Responsability

toffblue

HI,

I bought and PIF for wooden floors to be installed. The suppliers are also installers and I paid a deposit to them. However they burst a pipe by taking off and putting back on skirting where I told them not to.

They are claiming no responsability for anything. I had to get a dehumidifier in and also a plumber.

What is that legal stance on this. They are also looking for €1000 for installation. I think they're mad.

Please anyone had any similar problems?

HI,

I bought and PIF for wooden floors to be installed. The suppliers are also installers and I paid a deposit to them. However they burst a pipe by taking off and putting back on skirting where I told them not to.

They are claiming no responsability for anything. I had to get a dehumidifier in and also a plumber.

What is that legal stance on this. They are also looking for €1000 for installation. I think they're mad.

Please anyone had any similar problems?

Had the same problem...refused point blank tp pay the installtion and never heard from them again. The damage in my case cost about £500ir whilst the installtion was about £600ir.

Don’t pay them a cent. Be totally up front about that, tell them that that’s not open for discussion but you still want your costs covered for the damage they did.
Tell them to pay up or you'll call live line.
I've used that threat more than once and it worked every time.
Basically be an ass hole about it and make sure that whomever you are dealing with is more upset than you are.

Thanks guys.

They burst a bad hole in the heating system pipes and water is everywhere. I rang them to ask them to come out and take up the flooring and they said they would but I'd have to pay them the balance of the installation. Unbelievable. I just had the place painted as well and now there is a massive hole in the wall.

Did anyone manage to get a refund on the floors also as they are refusing to even discuss that.

Also is it wrong to name them as I really have it in for them.

It's simply not good enough to let them away with this. Call them, be irate and aggressive on the phone and let them know that you are not going away.
I threatened a furniture store that I would place an advert in the local paper about them; that I would call every radio station that would listen to me and that I would happily spend more than they owed me to damage their reputation if they didn't honour an agreement that we had. After being fobbed off by the owners PA for three weeks I was so rude and aggressive to her on the phone that she started to cry. That did the trick and he called me back within ten minutes on his mobile. He told me that he would take me to court and I said that that was fine with me as he was the one with the reputation to lose. As I then had his mobile I called him first thing every morning (6.30ish) and last thing every night (11.30ish) and all through the weekend. Eventually it was sorted out to my satisfaction.
So basically as I said, be an ass hole, be a dog with a bone and make sure that you are a complete pain in the ass.

Thanks guys.

They burst a bad hole in the heating system pipes and water is everywhere. I rang them to ask them to come out and take up the flooring and they said they would but I'd have to pay them the balance of the installation. Unbelievable. I just had the place painted as well and now there is a massive hole in the wall.

Did anyone manage to get a refund on the floors also as they are refusing to even discuss that.

Also is it wrong to name them as I really have it in for them.

Surely they have indemnity insurance so it would not cost them a cent otherwise what about your own house insurance would it be covered under that. I take it the floors boards etc are badly warped at this stage?
If bad and no insurance then asap next step solicitor -the meaner the better.

The latest is that I told them not to come back near the house for fear of what they would do. I have a patio door at the back which they also managed to damage by wedging the floor in, so now the door doesn't open without considerable force.

Anyway, the water as gone into the newly laid floors. worst is that we have all furniture etc stacked into the kitchen as we literally cannot put it anywhere else and so we cannot use the kitchen. The assesor from my insurance company is coming on Monday but I've been told I cannot claim for the repairs to the pipe.

No further word from a certain large new wooden floor company in Ballymount about re-imbursing us for the damage they did or looking for the €1000 for the pleasure of flooding and damaging my house.

I recently had wooden floors installed and was going to buy from them. Thank god I didn't!!!

Back