Women's hat sizes

Caveat

Bought Mrs Caveat a hat as part of a Christmas present but am suddenly worried that it is too small!

It's a "one size fits all" (supposedly) and it is an adult's hat, but looking at her other headgear it seems a bit on the small side.

Just wondering ladies, is it common for one size not to fit all or is this unlikely? (She doesn't have a large head BTW :) ).

I know it's not a matter of life and death, but I would like to avoid disappointment on the day...

Any ideas?

It would very much depend on the type of hat you bought. If it is one of the wool hats with peak at the front which is the "in hat" at the moment then you are safe enough as there is a bit of stretch in them.

It would very much depend on the type of hat you bought. If it is one of the wool hats with peak at the front which is the "in hat" at the moment then you are safe enough as there is a bit of stretch in them.

Well thanks be to God I got the "In hat" too!

Yes, It's one of those & there may be a little bit of a stretch alright.

Thanks Happy Girl!

Had a chuckle reading these posts..... Just get out a tape measure and check if band measurement is roughly similar and check the stretchability!

Had a chuckle reading these posts..... Just get out a tape measure and check if band measurement is roughly similar and check the stretchability!

Would be the sensible thing alright nesbitt - it's getting the opportunity - she's already paranoid that I'm sneaking off to grope my own presents as it is...and I'd have to find her bloody hats first...

Back