Wireless PC?

stuart

I want to connect a PC that does not have a netword card to a network

Could it be connceted to a wireless network without having to get a netword card

Basically, does a wireless adaptor only facilitate wireless/radio transmisson or will it act as a netwrok card

It is not a new PC so if it came to installing a network card it would probably be easier to go wired on a new one

Any help appreciated

you can get a usb wireless adapter that'll just plug into your machine which will allow you to join a wireless network.
You'll need a wireless router, I'm guess you have access to one right?

Excactly, I have a wireless router and one computer working off of it

I also have a wireless USB adapter but I need to know if that is all that is needed to connect the PC to the router needed
or is the wireless USB dongle just a rdaio transmitter that a netword card uses

stuart

all you need to setup a wireless network is an adapter (can be usb, pci etc.) installed in each machine on the network and a wireless router which is responsible for coordinating all the machines on the network.

If you want more info, let us know what exactly you want to connect and what devices you already have :)

Actually, as you're giving advice .... :)

I have wireless b'band installed on a Dell PC upstairs and a HP laptop downstairs. I would like to be able to access/take/place data from one to the other. I also would like to wirelessly print stuff off from my laptop here to my HP 920C printer upstairs. I don't ask for much ! Thanks.

Back