wiper blades

blueshoes

hi im just wondering how much wiper blades are? im in desperate need of some new ones for my car, also can u fit them on the car urself?

Lidl hav a special offer on them at the moment. 3 Euro or there
abouts

Take them off the screen first.

Wipe them with a clean cloth.

Use a good windscreen additive.

They may still be good to go.

You can refils for the rubber slide out the old rubber, slide in the new refils and cut to lenght.

A couple of quid and a few minutes.

Dipole said:
abouts

Cheap blades are a bad bad thing as they only squeek. Pay the extra 10-12 euro for a decent pair. Squeeking wipers will drive you balmy!

I too need new wiper blades. Any blades I bought in the past always squeak and drive me nuts.

Can anyone recommend a got set they bought??

Bosch - you'll get them in any good garage. Pricey enough, €25 - €30, but worth it. Very quite and they keep the windows clean!!

My wiper blades wear out in less than nine months. Im convinced they are not designed for Irish driving conditions. I think Ill give Bosh a try the next time.

Have a set of Bosch on car since October 04 - still going strong, although come to think of it I might have a look at replacing them....

I have only ever bought wiper refills from a motor factors for a few euro a piece and found them to be of good quality and last more than 12 months. All depends on amount of driving done and whether you're driving on (dirty) rural roads or not I suppose.

I recently both a set of wipers in Halfords in Blanchardstown. Can't remember the make, but they cost around €26 (2) and work perfectly with no squeeks.

lemeister said:
I recently both a set of wipers in Halfords in Blanchardstown. Can't remember the make, but they cost around €26 (2) and work perfectly with no squeeks.

Are people confusing the whole wiper blade with just the refill? A single blade refill should cost no more than €3 or €4 .

Refills are usually not worth buying. Better get a full blade if you want them to last. Bosch are a quality make. Bought a set last year on ebay.co.uk for 12 euro.

soy said:
Refills are usually not worth buying. Better get a full blade if you want them to last. Bosch are the a quality make. Both a set last year on ebay.co.uk for 12 euro.

Where are you people driving? Never had any problems with refills!:confused:

Wipers are for wiping off the rainwater droplets that get onto the screen. CLEANING the screen is done by hand with a sponge, water and a detergent, unless you're driving and getting a splash from the pothole of course. Some take it for granted that wipers are meant to keep the front and rear screen clean - at least that is what it looks like when judging mud covered cars. Any cleaning of the screens with the aid of wipers to get off sand and other particles works like using sandpaper on the rubber wipers-they certainly get damaged and won't last long.

Dipole said:
abouts

Bought lidl ones last year, took 'em off again almost immediatly & binned them, they were useless. Go for the branded ones, bosche/champion etc, they could save your life.

Back