Wine & red colours??

Sarah

Whats your opinions on Wine and red.....?

I have bought a pair of 90 x 90 curtains for the sitting room and although i thought they were more red they turned out to be a plum winey colour. I quite like them though but all the accessories like cushions ect i have bought are red...so just wondering does anyone think it would be a bit much to have a mixture of Wine and red in one room as the walls are plain cream!

I swear Im not stalking you!!!!!!!!!! We just seem to be on the same wave lenght at the moment!!

Im not sure about wine/plum and red together? Think it might clash a bit, Id stick to the one shade if I were you, just my personal opinion though.

I bought red coloured curtains for one of my bedrooms, and will have plain white bedclothes and white cushions that have a small red design on them just to tone in with the curtains. Im not planning on introducing any more red into the room, I think it might be too much. Im no interior designer! but sometimes I think less is more!

Nice to have someone on my wavelength...even if it is unusual!:) Yeah thought so too the cushions are a dark red and i couldnt find any curtains to match there either all too bright or way too dull and 60ish feel about them! Where did you get yours? Seeing as were on the same wavelength you never know i might just get the same curtains!!

Its a bit unusual alright, but nice to have someone who is obviously as obsessed about the new house as I am!!!!! Im driving my other half and everyone else potty!!!!! Got them in Hickeys Home Focus. They're a deep red, more wine really when I think about it! And have little beads hanging from the top, sounds a bit naff I know! but they're actually very nice. They've a great selection of curtains in Hickeys if you havent tried them already!

Don't know, they might be Ok together. If they have the same tonal value (I'm not showing off!) they could complement each other. As long as the cushions aren't pillar box red and they have sufficient grey in them then they should tone in OK. Personally I don't like red in interior design, I find it a bit unrelaxing, but then I'm an 'ol one.

Back