Windscreen Washer broke

chippy

Hi to all, can you help me?The Windscreen Washer on my 01 Renault Megane is broken,i have done the usual checks,fuses etc etc.And i reckon the pump is busted.Question is would anyone know the cost of a new pump and the labour cost aswell.Any answers appreciated. Chippy

You could probably get one cheaply from a breakers yard if you ring around a few of them from the yellow pages. Get a local mechanic to pop it in for you. If you insist on a new one I would try GSF parts in Dublin 22.

Did you try cleaning the eyes of the washer out with a toothpick in case its gotten blocked?

By any chance would you have used washing up liquid in the washer. I did as I hated the smell of windscreen washer and thought it did as good if not a better job on the greasy windscreen. It got blocked with bubbles. I thought like you the motor was gone.
Just a possible suggestion.

Don't use anything but good windscreen washer,as in time sludge builds up at the bottom of the resevoir and blocks the motor/pipes.

If you activate the windscreen washers and can hear the motor buzzing its probably ok and just blocked somewhere along the line.First get some very thin wire and run it into the jets outside the car,if no luck then you really need to disconnect the line near the motor and connect and airline to blow out the blockage,if that doesn't work,you will need to remove the motor and resevoir tank to clean out :)

Back