Window seats

U

Unregistered

Would love to get one put in .Would anyone have any names or details of places who supply and fit.

I am based in Kildare.

Appreciate any feedback.

I think it depends on the dimensions of the space in the bay window and whether or not you want the seat level with the wall or offset slightly, what height do you want it, do you want storage underneath it?

Am interested in putting one in myself but I suspect a chippy is the way forward. We had a guy do some work before , he was excellent, but hes based in North east Meath. PM if you want details

We've failed in two attempts to get a window seat in our bay window. The first guy did a runner with our €250 deposit. Despite winning a small claims court judgement, we've never got a penny back. A more recent attempt via a reputable furniture shop resulted in extensive measuring, weeks of delay followed by delivery of something that looked like it was built by two 12 year old boys for a go-kart race. It was sent back, but at least we didn't lose money this time.

I'd certainly be interested in hearing from anyone who has a good track record in this kind of stuff.

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the window seats.Good Irish carpenters work abroad .But good Polish carpenters can be found on major building sites all over the country.
heinbloed

Guys the safest way to ensure you get your moneys worth and satisfaction is to only use trademen that have been recommended by family or a good friend it pays to have seen their work and to get feedback on how they performed on the job. I have renovated a house using this method and can honestly say that the Carpenter was excellent and throughout the process he was completely understanding and always asked how we would like a certain task completed. The electrician was the same and also suggested things we hadn't thought of, the plummer was expensive but has a proven track record for quality work everybody down to the tiler and carpet fitter showed up on time and completed the work to our satisfaction. Remember it's your money and you should do everything you can to ensure you have the right person for the job the worst mistake to make is to rush into getting anything done people are far too anxious to hand out money these days because they think the quicker the money gets handed over the faster the job gets done and this is not the case a lot of the time the job gets rushed and is not up to standard.
It pays to be patient when deciding what to do and who you want to do it.

Good Luck ;)

Back