Will transfer of jointly owned house to one owner incurr stamp duty

lucozade

I bought a house with a friend. The type of ownership is "Joint tenancy".Can I buy my friend out of the house without incurring stamp duty?. We were both first time buyers so didn't pay it originally.

this is a tricky one which I know not much but off the top of my head you are now as a non first time buyer, purchasing half a house so to speak and maybe liable to stamp duty on that half. Just my 2c worth.;)

dug this up

What is the position where a person, who had obtained first time buyer relief on the joint purchase of a house with another first time buyer, subsequently acquires the other joint owners interest in the house?

A person who obtained first time buyer relief on the purchase of an interest in a house would not be precluded from obtaining first time buyer relief on a subsequent purchase of another interest in the same house provided that person has not purchased another house or part of another house in the intervening period.

[broken link removed]

Good digging pudds. I was looking the last couple of days for that and couldn't find it. Well unfortunately I did purchase another house in the meantime. If it was only stamp duty on the half share been purchased that wouldn't be to bad. Thanks again pudds your a legend :D

Good digging pudds. I was looking the last couple of days for that and couldn't find it. Well unfortunately I did purchase another house in the meantime. If it was only stamp duty on the half share been purchased that wouldn't be to bad. Thanks again pudds your a legend :D

oooh jebus steady on man...you haven't seen some of my other posts.......thought I would have been banned by now:D

All I did was google it and guess where the first answer came up from :p........... AAM :)

Back