Will Rent Supplement be back dated?

Mel84

I was laid off a couple of weeks ago and as I haven't gotten my P45 yet I haven't been able to get my JSB sorted and therefore cannot yet apply for Rent Supplement. I think I qualify for it and will be applying for it as soon as I can but will it be back dated to when I got laid off?

Because I haven't gotten my JSB through yet. I don't know what I'll be getting yet for sure so I kinda presumed I'd have to get that sorted first, no?!

It will only be backdated to the date you apply. You should apply now even if it takes a while to sort out.

Have you applied for Jobseekers or are you waiting on your P45?

I'm waiting on my p45. So I should go to the CWO and apply even though I haven't even gotten my p45?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes Mel you go and sign on now for the rent supplement, I guess they will ask you to fill out some forms etc and will ask for supporting documentation, but that can be supplied later. The important thing is to sign for the rent now. I assume this is still a separate procedure/office/plcae to where you sign on for dole. Presumably it's the social welfare office, where you find the community welfare officers (unless it's all a different procedure nowadaws) have a look at welfare.ie and citizen's advice websites.

To relieve the boredom while you wait. Back in the day half a day wasn't abnormal. Also remember the time when you queued at one hatch to sign on and then queued at another to get the actual physical cash. I think a lot of that is done away with but not sure if there are lenghtly delays still.

Thankfully that has changed. I was only waiting about 15 minutes but the application process has changed dramatically. I applied for it for a brief time about 12 years ago and it was relatively simple. Today I had to drive to 4 different offices in 3 different towns and I'm not even close to being finished. It's humiliating enough having to go on the social but they really like to rub it in by making everything so difficult.

Back