will my one parent family payment be taken away

L

lashes

got divorced last october the court ordered for the family home to be sold sale agreed on the house now im getting over 100,000 euro as my share i have 2 dependent children cant get a job at the moment so cant get a mortgage to buy a new house im on one parent family payment will the money i get from the sale of the house be taken as means against me ? even though i will be putting it away till i can get a mortgage to rehouse me & my children

The 100k will be treated as capital unless you can prove that you have specific plans to sink it into a home for yourself and the kids. If assessed, it would work out at 270 per week means which is over the threshold for OPFP. Do you have debts to clear which would reduce the amount? Have you plans to buy a house? Have you approached council/corporation aboiut any shcemes to buy they might have? It would be a shame to lose your weekly income over the 100k. Maybe try another forum for advice on how to get a house in your situation wityh some working capital?

The 100k will be treated as capital unless you can prove that you have specific plans to sink it into a home for yourself and the kids. If assessed, it would work out at 270 per week means which is over the threshold for OPFP. Do you have debts to clear which would reduce the amount? Have you plans to buy a house? Have you approached council/corporation aboiut any shcemes to buy they might have? It would be a shame to lose your weekly income over the 100k. Maybe try another forum for advice on how to get a house in your situation wityh some working capital?

i have some small debts that i could clear but it wouldnt even put a big dent in the money i have plans to buy a house but because i havent got a job i cant get a mortgage for the rest of the money i need to purchase a house. i have been to the council but they told me that they couldnt help me either with a loan or affordable house as im not working. thanks for your help il keep you updated on my situation.

Another angle then would be to ask for a review of your OFP (don't just stop collecting it on the basis that you assume you won't qualify) and when the insepctor calls out discuss your situation with him. I've known cases where a lump sum was not assessed for a period (6-12 months) to give claimants 'breathing space' if plans to purchase are being made. Worth a try.

Back