will i lose my med card

sillyaboutmo

Hi
Im in a pickle. My hubby and i are looking for a mortgage and he's the only 1 working. I did work but i lost my job last year in april b4 i was dxd with ulcerative colitis. i applied for a med card but got turned down. we did get a gp card for the family though. the price of the meds were killing us over 80 euro a week so i appealed and finally got it. the prob is know our income isnt enough to get us a mortgage so i may have to look for part-time work. im worried that i may loose my med card and FIS. ill end up working to pay for meds just to have on paper a larger income. can any1 advise.

Under the drug payment scheme the max for a family to pay in a month is €132.Why were you paying €320?

i didnt apply for the drug payment card. i was more interested in paying nothing for my drugs..... is there any income limit to the scheme. i mite look into it in future if i get work.

Reading you post , it looks like you may have an outstanding claim for an overpayment related to the Drugs Payment Scheme

How so may I ask if to paraphrase OP, most of the drugs were purchased outside the State? Does that still constitute a valid claim?

Back