Will HSE recruitment freeze affect internal movement?

LucyTru

Hi all, I know external campaigns are paused but I'm wondering will there be any moving up grades internally in the HSE or does the recruitment freeze also stop this happening? I cannot find an answer anywhere. Thank you.

My understanding is yes the freeze is across the board - at least this was the case for the initial freeze of grade VII administrators and over. I would assume for some roles that an argument will be made that its a critical role that needs to be filled. It was theoretically possible to get exceptions, but a lot of paper work / justification that needed to go to group level and higher. However, I also heard that not all institutions have applied the rules in the same manner - but that was hearsay.

Hey! Wanted to hop on this thread after hearing this news yesterday about the freeze of all staffing. I’m applying to external clerical officer position - in last stages of process but now very fearful that it won’t go ahead. Anyone have any thoughts or in a similar position?

Hey! Wanted to hop on this thread after hearing this news yesterday about the freeze of all staffing. I’m applying to external clerical officer position - in last stages of process but now very fearful that it won’t go ahead. Anyone have any thoughts or in a similar position?
The best thing to do would be to contact them. I know some are not going ahead but if you have been offered a position then perhaps that will go ahead

Do you have you a contract and have you said you will accept role ? From RTE: "Any offers made and not formally accepted, or where a contract has not issued should now be withdrawn,"

There are some exemptions in disability services, but I would guess that is clinical staff - may not be.

Outside of this, I'd assume its not going ahead. Derogations can be applied for by the hospitals, but I'd expect these only to be accepted where clinical risk which I would not expect to be the case for an administrative role.

Thanks for that link! I’ve been offered a position. Got the offer letter back in September and confirmed I was accepting. Just last week they asked when I’d be able to start. They’re just waiting on one outstanding reference. Not at contract stage quite yet

Back