Will broker/lender be ok if family gift me money to make up shortfall when moving home?

dubdub123

My house is almost sale agreed (ie agreed in principle but pending contract exchange) and I also have approval in principle with Avant.

I'm looking at houses in Dublin 24 area, however those within my price range require a lot of work, or the location is not quite right.

I have found one that is above my budget and I'm going to contact estate agent next week to see where bids have landed and if seller is close to agreeing. If not too much of a difference, could family members gift me the amount and would that be ok with lender / broker?

I'm gonna chat to broker about this but looking for feedback.

Those lending you the money will be required to sign a declaration that the money you will be given is a gift and not a loan. You will also state on the form that all taxes due have been accounted for.

Yes that is not an issue to be signed - would they need to do this in front of a solicitor or just have their signature verified do you know? (by say a justice of the peace).

I believe there will be no taxes due as they are relatives and the money would not be above those thresholds.

Would my lender reconsider the loan under this scenario? My broker was out of office today but I will speak with her once she's back later this week but any info appreciated.

Back