Will bank holding a mortgage be informed if a notice of marriage is lodged with PRAI?

Time

Will the bank holding a mortgage be informed if a notice of marriage is lodged with the PRAI?

What's the PRAI?

What has a marriage notice to do with a bank?

You don't want the bank to know you're getting married ?

PRAI is the land registry.

Security of mortgages has everything to do with a bank.

Registering a marriage on deeds gives notice that nothing can be done without consent.

Title expanded from Notice of Marriage to Will bank holding a mortgage be informed if a notice of marriage is lodged with PRAI?.

aj
mod

Registering a marriage on deeds gives notice that nothing can be done without consent.

Now I get it, I thought it was about someone getting married. But in fact it's to put the land registry on notice that one is married so that the other person + bank cannot register a mortgage/debt if the other party did not sign permission, and this would only be in relation to the family home presumably. Can you clarify Time?

That would be correct.

I want to know if the existing mortgage bank would be informed of the submission of such a notice.

This is all a bit obscure!

I think the actual question here is - if a Notice of Marriage is lodged and noted on a Folio in the Property Registration Authority, will the Property Registration Authority (or some other unspecified party) send details of that through to a Mortgagee whose charge is registered on the Folio?

Answer: I don't know but I suspect not.

Reality check: any lender worth their salt keeps an eye on Folios ( very easy online on the PRAI website) where the borrower is in difficulties and will pick up unusual activity p d q.

mf

That would be correct.

I want to know if the existing mortgage bank would be informed of the submission of such a notice.

It would strike my as unusual if such an action was not in some way addressed in the terms of your mortgage as it clearly reduces the banks ability to recover any losses. Have you checked that it will not in some way impact your existing mortgage?

It has nothing to do me.

I was asking on behalf of someone else who is having issues with his partner.

Back