Will and registration.

Ger

My mother died approx 4 years ago and affairs were handled by local solicitor (who charged €6000+ & has since retired). I rang up the land registry lately ( I have folio number)to get copy of deed (€6) but it would seem that although probate ect is complete, land registration is not up to date.
My question then is should this registration of being handled by original solicitor and cost included in his fee or is it up to the benificaries to register their own inheritance & pay cost for same.

The solicitor acts on the executor or administrators' instructions. It is possible he was only instructed to deal with the probate though that would be quite unusual. The normal course of events would be that the solicitor would complete registration too. If you can get a copy of the invoice for the fees sometimes this will detail the work done or to be done. The good news is that the actual registration after probate is usually relatively simple and straightforward- taking out the grant of probate is the more time consuming portion.

Back