Wifi on planes

marsaday

Haven’t been out of the country for a while. Somebody mentioned to me you can get WIFI on Aer Lingus trios. Is this true ?

For the transatlantic fleet, all the Airbus 330s bar 2 have Wi-Fi and I think all the 321 Neos have it (look for a camels hump on the top of your aircraft which houses the antenna). The service is free for business and I think €20 for economy. It’s approximately 50% reliable at best and the speed is very slow.

The 2 Airbus 330s without the wifi are mostly put on the Chicago and Orlando routes.

Had it on San Francisco flight last month. Useless in the main. Think I got on AAM though!

Very unreliable! Only decent when you're above land, which isn't much good on transatlantic.

Very unreliable! Only decent when you're above land, which isn't much good on transatlantic.
This is not quite accurate as it’s satellite based…I use the service transatlantic approximately once a week and there isn’t much correlation with reliability and geographic position……Quite often at 30 West (mid Atlantic) it’s working perfectly. Other times, when over, Iceland, Greenland, Canada or the US there is no service. The service is temperamental and unpredictable at best.

Back