Why won't permanent tsb give me their new business rate?

Nowronganswer

Hi, can anyone tell me if i am on a certain rate and the same bank is offering the same product for a lower rate can i switch to that rate.
I am on a 2.95% 3 year fixed mortgage 285K. 86.5% LTV
The bank (PTSB) have the same mortgage on offer for 2.8%.
There high value mortgage for mortgage over 250K is 2.8% 3 year fixed.
Thanks

3 Year Fixed Rate New Business - greater than 80% and less than or equal to 90% LTV2.95% 3.71% €5.52€4.72€4.19

3 Year Fixed Rate New Business Home Loan - greater than 80% and less than or equal to 90% LTV2.80%3.66%€5.45€4.64€4.11

I may be incorrect here but I don't think you qualify for their better rates as you are no longer considered new business.

What if the rate was on offer when i took out my mortgage but was not offered that rate. In terms of fair play and consumer rights could i get it?

@Nowronganswer
As above, PTSB offer different rates to new & existing customers.

I'd be chasing your broker on this, and why it wasn't the lower rate he applied for in the first place. Your starting point should be the 'statement of suitability' letter that you should have been provided explaining why they recommended PTSB, and this particular product / rate.
You could appeal it to PTSB that you should have been offered the lower rate, but I suspect from their perspective you (through your broker) applied for a specific rate which is what you got.

What if the rate was on offer when i took out my mortgage but was not offered that rate. In terms of fair play and consumer rights could i get it?
I'm pretty sure that the 2.8% rate did not exist three months ago. Therefore, nobody made a mistake and you were not denied a better rate.

Back